SEO Strategy for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
A strategic approach to search engine optimization grows website traffic and generates more leads.
A website is useless if no one finds it. But getting it in front of people isn’t good enough.
If you want your website to be successful, you must get it in front of the right audience.
That’s why you need an SEO strategy.
SEO vs. SEO Strategy
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process used to grow website traffic. This includes organic and paid tactics such as backlinking, keywording, and advertising.
But search engines are getting smarter. Because of algorithm changes and improvements in artificial intelligence, tactics and hacks that once helped website rankings don’t work as well as they used to.
As time goes on, they won’t work at all.
An SEO strategy will survive algorithm changes because the focus is on building authority and credibility with search engines. As your reputation grows, so will your reach and visibility.
Our SEO Strategy Process
Stop wasting time and money chasing algorithms. Put your resources to work on the components that will have the most impact to grow traffic and generate leads.
Working with us, your SEO strategy will evolve over four phases:
1. Set Goals
You can't measure success without goals. We establish goals and key performance indicators to make sure the strategy gets the results you want.
2. Technical SEO
In this step, we make sure search engines can easily analyze and understand what your site is about. This includes:
- Site crawling and indexing
- Performance (Load speed and mobile use)
- Issues that may be hindering site performance or usability
- Website structure
3. On- and Off-site SEO
We'll optimize your website as a whole and at an individual page level.
The main areas of focus in this phase are:
- Keyword research and competitive analysis
- URLs and link structure
- Page titles and descriptions (meta data)
- Content optimization
- User-friendly experience
- Link-building and directory indexing
- Set up analytics
4. Content to Connect Your Business to New Customers
You have a compelling message and unique reasons why people should choose you over a competitor. But your website's content must communicate all of that clearly.
We'll make sure your content:
- Demonstrates your expertise
- Builds authority within your industry
- Is trustworthy by being thorough, accurate, and a useful resource
This includes content such as testimonials, reviews, blog posts, videos, white papers, case studies, etc.
Other Search Engine Optimization Features
At your request, we also include:
- Content Writing (news, updates, blog posts, etc.)
- Weekly and monthly maintenance
- Incorporate social media and other platforms into the strategy
- In-depth competitive research to uncover new opportunities